Monday, December 21, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... well, inside at least! Outside we're still regularly getting into the 80s which doesn't feel much like Christmas. We have decorated inside which makes me so happy! We don't have nearly as much in the way of festive decor as most people but I'm quite happy with the pieces we added this year and how pretty everything turned out.


 One of the biggest changes this year was with our tree. I have always been a huge fan of real trees while my hubby grew up with faux trees. The last few years, we have had real trees which I thought was great. But this year, we ended up going with a faux tree.


And it's white! I had never thought of doing a white tree but when we had the opportunity to get one for free, we decided to try it. We opted to light it with white lights so that we could easily change the color scheme year by year if we felt like it.



We had a lot of decor in the traditional red and green colors so that's what we went for. Our tree still has some eclectic feel to it but my favorite ornaments are the bird ones and our Disney ornaments.


This year is the first time that we have had a mantle place to decorate! Unfortunately, our old decorations didn't have enough pieces to really fill out the space. So I had to go shopping.


The center piece of this space is the Merry Christmas sign. It's actually the last thing we purchased because we just couldn't decide what we wanted to go there. In the end, I think we made a great choice. Will's favorite addition is the little green lantern. I love the cute birds in hats and scarves!


The finishing touch to the mantle was the addition of a few pine cones. Before I moved to Florida, I had no idea that there were so many pine trees but they do make a great supplier of natural decor pieces.


What are your favorite holiday decor pieces?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your decorations! White trees, even though they're fake, always look so lovely, and I even think kinda retro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decor! I have always been hesitant about buying an artificial white tree, but seeing yours makes me want to test it out. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We buy one or two new baubles each year, so when we decorate the tree, it's like getting out a whole wealth of memories (eg the little Delft shoes we got on holiday in Holland, the ship in a bottle from the SS Great Britain). Though this year our tree is covered in a cheap box of unbreakable ones as we have kittens, and they think the tree is the best playground EVER.

    I love that you have bird baubles on your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big plus, no sweeping up pine needles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous dress and decor! We have a white (fake) tree as well. I've always loved them, but didn't think that Tony did. Then three years ago, I believe it was, I mentioned as much and he said he was a huge fan, too (who knew), so we snapped one up for 50% off in a Boxing Day sale that same year.

    Happiest holiday season wishes to you both!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete