Monday, April 6, 2015

Wardrobe Architect: Week 8

I'm working my way through the Coletterie's Wardrobe Architect project. If you missed the first post, start here.

*************

This week's task is all about hair, makeup and beauty. There was a list of questions to answer so let's get too it!


1. What hair style has been most flattering and comfortable for you? How did it make you feel about yourself? Did it invoke any of the words you came up with in our core style exercise?

I've had quite a few lengths of hair over the years but at my heart, I'm a short haired girl. I personally think that hair is an accessory and should be changed up every once in a while. I'm still relearning my hair in the Florida weather but I'm sure short will be the way to go in the summer. Right now, I'm really loving the bob. It's the haircut I've had most frequently in my life and it always feels like me.


2. How much makeup are you comfortable with? It could be no makeup, or a full face with contouring (and all that jazz I could never figure out). Or it could vary day to day.

I prefer a more natural look with a pop of color on the lips. My everyday makeup routine takes about 4 minutes which is just perfect for me because I'm not a morning person. I have a few basic eye looks that I rotate through based on what I'm feeling like. I do like to play with makeup for a night out too.


3. How does your makeup and hair reflect your personal style? What do you feel they say about you and your aesthetics?

I really like looking put together but not over done. In both my modern and vintage wardrobes, that's what keeps popping out at me when I think about what I really like to wear. Simple, classic basics that always look good. And I like my hair and makeup to look like that too.


4. How much product do you want to own? Do you like collecting products, or would you rather just have a few essentials? How much bathroom clutter are you ok with?

Since I've discovered Sephora, I've found joy in trying new products. But on a day to day basis, I tend to rotate through a small subset of products. I've yet to "hit pan" on any of my products except for my beloved eyeliner so I've been trying to resist the siren call of new products.


5. What requirements do you have for the products you buy? Do you stick with all natural products? Are there ingredients you avoid?

I don't really have any specific things that I avoid although I have been trying out more natural or diy products recently.


6. What colors feel best near your face? How do they relate to the color palette you created?

I look great in yellow. Jewel tones are also killer on me. I'm not afraid of color.


7. What colors never look right near your face? What colors have you tried and given up on before?

I've never felt that there was a color I couldn't wear near my face. Maybe I just naturally avoid those colors or maybe I'm just blessed with a great complexion. I do know that I look better with darker hair rather than lighter so I'll stick with that.


8. How much time do you realistically want to spend getting ready in the morning?

 I enjoy putting together outfits, but on a day to day basis, I would much rather have a grab and go wardrobe. I think having a more cohesive wardrobe will really help with that since more things will mix and match.


9. What types of scents do you gravitate towards? Do you wear perfume? Other scented products? What do you feel the scents you like communicate about your personality?

I was never much one for wearing perfume and now that I have birds, scented things are out. I much prefer unscented products.

4 comments:

  1. So true about hair being an accessory of sorts. I feel the same way about it and always factor in its colour as part of the overall look of an ensemble I'm sporting (likewise for my skin and eye tones).

    I hope that you had a great Easter weekend, honey, and that rest of April is fantastic for you.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessica on your comment about hair it truly is an accessory. Growing up my parents kept my hair short and I hated my hair, I always wanted something different. Then as an adult I grew my hair out and low and behold I look good in long hair, who would've known?

    Also, I totally agree with you, you do look fabulous in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, I have missed so much! My beauty regime is simple, my hair and makeup go with my outfit, which complement my purse and shoes. With that in mine My wardrobe pieces have to work together and have a little edge to them. Yellow really is your color but then you look good in all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete