Monday, March 23, 2015

Wardrobe Architect: Weeks 5&6

I'm working my way through the Coletterie's Wardrobe Architect project. If you missed the first post, start here.

*********

Weeks 5 and 6 are also quite related, so I'm double dipping again! These two weeks are all about color. I adore color and have never had a fear of wearing colors that look bad on me. Maybe I just don't care or maybe I'm blessed with a great complexion. So my project was mostly about deciding what colors I do want to have in my wardrobe.

Week 5 was about collecting all of the colors that you love to wear. I tried making a fancy graphic like Sarai but I spent a lot of time trying to get just the right shades that all worked together and then wrangle them in photoscape. But I finally gave up and just pinned a bunch of cool color palettes that other people had come up with.

Here are some that I love:


I knew that I wanted my color palette to include yellow, blue, black and white with pops of various colors. So you see those colors featured heavily in these color palettes. Week six was about organizing and focusing your palette. I chose two palettes to be my core palettes for this project.


I love this palette of blues with yellow! This is my inspiration for my core wardrobe. Each season, I plan on adding pop of color to help things feel fresh and new.


For summer, I'm planning on red as my pop of color. I adore this color palette! So fun!


Does your wardrobe have a definite color palette or does it have a rainbow of color?

3 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous, vibrant colours! I'm with you all the way - go bold or go home is often my colour motto, too. This doesn't per have to mean uber bright colours, but rather a sense of fearlessness when it comes to picking and choosing from all parts of the rainbow and not being timid about colour pairings.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these palettes are so pretty! Oddly enough, I have a beautiful cotton print remnant with ALL those colors in it. You've inspired me, I'm going to do this for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors that you have chosen are so fresh and vibrant! I can't wait to see how they translate into your wardrobe.

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete