Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Baking in Style

I adore baking! And I've been wanting to make a larger apron to really protect me while baking. I'd been eying Wearing History's 1940s Apron pattern for a while and I finally got around to sewing it this month.


I used a green quilting cotton with red flowers and lavender bias binding. This pattern uses a lot of bias binding and it has every shape imaginable that you have to bind-inside corners, outside corners, shallow curves, sharp curves, sweetheart shapes...... But Lauren has a slew of amazing bias binding tutorials on her blog that makes life a whole lot easier!


The heart shaped pockets where the most difficult part but once you get past them it was quick and easy.


I suppose you could swap them out for patch pockets of a different shape but really the hearts are just too cute! :D

11 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I tried to bias-bind the edge of an apron, it was so frustrating it became a wadder. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking is always fun. I keep telling myself someday I'm gonna make myself an apron like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute apron. I always wear aprons in the kitchen because I have that awful habit of wiping wet hands on my lap! I really need to make a few full aprons- especially when dealing with popping bacon! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the apron,the hart shape pockets! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I get one love the apron !


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is available here: http://www.wearinghistorypatterns.com/1940s-apron-pattern/

      Delete
  7. Wonderfully cute apron, I just love the heart shaped pockets.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Sorry, I'm so behind on my blog readings, that I missed this! It looks awesome!!! Thank you for posting pics. Maybe you could leave a review ;)
    I swear, you are a one woman team at making my patterns! LOL! I love that you make the patterns you get, instead of filing them into the stash of doom to make someday like I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have gobs of patterns in the stash of doom. Yours are just so good that I have to make them!

      Delete