Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 in Review

The holidays are upon us and before we know it, it'll be 2013! So let's see how I did on this year's resolutions!

1) More (and better) outfit posts.

Success! The last few months, I've been on a nice outfit post rhythm and I should be able to keep it going! 

2) Knit stuff

Yups! Check out all of the lovelies on my Ravelry page! I'm still a slow knitter but I'm gaining more experience!

3) De-stash my stash!

I think my stash progress is going to get a post of it's own but I'm down 12 yds from last year! :D

4) Create a quick everyday hair and makeup routine.

Getting a pixie helped loads on this score but I still could do better here.

5) Sew more blouses and other work appropriate clothing.

Not so much.... But I have been focusing my rtw purchases on work appropriate clothes because I just don't like to wear the work appropriate clothes that I make and I hate making them. So I don't.

6) Get off the caffeine!

 *sigh* Definitely no progress here.... :/

Things I've conqured this year:

Losing 25lbs! (and keeping it off so far too!)


Stash organization 


Our first pets!


Sewing with knits


Me-Made-May


Me-Made vacation wardrobe


Retrimming hats


Unprinted patterns

DSC_0168

Sewing from Edwardian Patterns


Costume College



Meeting other bloggers


Completely self drafted outfit (left dress)


Dying fabric


Sewing a jacket


Pixie

6 comments:

  1. You've done so well this year! Well done, you seem to have improved so much this year, especially with all that drafting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had a good year. I'm glad to hear someone has. So many people I know haven't. Still love the pixie on you and way to go on losing 25lbs. I've got to lose more than that. :( And this year has been so crazy I'm hoping to start at the first of the year. :::fingers crossed:::

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun filled, exciting, great year you had! Awesome job on everything you've accomplished throughout 2012, Stephanie Lynn. It's been a joy sharing 2012 with you online, and I eagerly look forward to all your great posts next year.

    Happiest Christmas & New Year wishes, my friend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm sad I've missed so much on my hiatus. I'll have to go back and read about some of these (like Costume college!?) Good thing you reviewed your year!

    ReplyDelete