Wednesday, March 7, 2012

50s Back Button Blouse


This blouse was also completed during my sewing mania! My 30s outfit was worn on Sunday and I wore this on Tuesday. Oh, the crazy weather continues. 


I snagged this lovely 50s blouse pattern on etsy last fall and even started grading it up. So I jumped on the chance last weekend to finish up the drafting and whip it up.

The Facts
 Fabric: navy blue cotton with white polka dots (free)
 Pattern: Butterick 9274 view B
 Year: 1950s
 Notions: one snap, 4 buttons ($3)
 Time to complete: 2 hours
 First worn: March 2012
 Wear again? Yes, The darts ended up a bit awkwardly placed but you can hardly tell on this dark fabric. I always intended this to be a wearable muslin so I'm considering this a success. It was very fast and I'm envisioning loads more of these in my spring/summer wardrobe.
 Total price: $3



I was a bit nervous about the neckline because I usually hate things that are so high necked but it turned out really nice. And my bra straps don't poke out!


It buttons up the back. I love it! I picked large white buttons to pull in the polka dot theme. I styled it with Colette Pattern's Beignet and a belt from Cassie Stephens.


The whole ensemble turned out very patriotic which was great since Ohio had voting yesterday with all of the other super Tuesday states and I voted.

4 comments:

  1. The blouse is so cute! Great job :)I love red white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish, The blouse came out really pretty, the whole outfit is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really nice. I love the buttons and fabric, and I like how you styled it for doing your patriotic duty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute, I love the back buttons

    ReplyDelete