Monday, June 27, 2011

SESA: My idea of perfection

When you close your eyes and think of the perfect day, what do you see? A tropical island and a fruity drink? A house that cleans itself? Twenty-four uninterrupted hours of blissful sewing? When I close my eyes, I see this:

Not only is today the first really great day for weather we've had since arriving in Maine, it's also the first relaxing, nonbusy day we've had. And when the weather is nice at grandma's, we hop on down to the pond and a ride on grandpa's boat. And it was heavenly.

I just love being on the water-lake, ocean or pond. There is just this amazing smell of the wind over water. I'm not much for swimming but I do adore being on a boat.

There are heaps of lovely year round homes and summer campsites on the pond. My grandparents live just up the hill and have a bit of land on the pond where they dock the boat.

Seriously, if the weather was like this year round, I'd pick up and move here in a heart beat. But, you know, I don't do well with cold so.....

My grandparents' little beach! It still needs more cleaning out but there's enough for wading!

And here is what I wore on our little boat outing. Not nautical, but still super cute! This was a project I started last week right before I left to bring with me! I hemmed it as my parents arrived to pick me up and sewed on the hook and eyes this morning! I just love circle skirts!

Fabric: 3 1/2 yds black with embroidered cherries from stash ($6/yd)
Pattern: Elegant Musing's circle skirt tutorial
Year: from 1954 booklet
Notions: zipper ($2)
Time to complete: 1 day + 48 hours to hang
First worn:June 2011
Wear again? Yes! I love circle skirts and the cherries are just too cute! The pattern is super simple and I love it. :D
Total Cost: $23

Outfit:
top: New York and Company
shoes: ??? I've had them forever
skirt: me-made
necklace: Charming Charlies

Today is my last day with assured internet as we are leaving for a state park tomorrow. Be sure to check the facebook page for more frequent updates!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm so with you concerning boats and water! I wish I lived near a lake or the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. that is so great that you made that from Casey's pattern!!! You did a great job and it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief lady! I want to steal your skirt! Beautiful!!!! :) I've been daydreaming about making a couple circle skirts late this summer (for fall and winter), and hosting a circle skirt sew along. You're inspiring me to get all my ducks in a row and figure out how to make it happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete